In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~ Albert Schweitzer ~
Have you experienced a time of inner darkness? Did someone pull you out of this darkness through a word of encouragement, counsel, or kind deed?
If so, take time to thank that person. Let them know how their actions rekindled your soul and how much you appreciate them.
Additionally LOOK ~ for an opportunity do the same for another ~ Be a positive influence.
”So continue encouraging each other and building each other up, just like you are doing already.”
(1 Thessalonians 5:11 CEB)
The encouragement and counsel I have received from others has been invaluable. A few years ago I called a lady from a previous church…thanking her for her encouragement…it was almost 20 years since we had spoken…but what joy it brought to us both to know her words changed my life.
Take the time today to contact someone that made a difference in your life.
(on-going list at the end of each post) ~ Submit your prayer request here.
Please join me in prayer for the following requests and rejoice in the praises that follow.
- joiez~ “Hello, please pray for me and my daughter to find a place to rent before our lease runs out that meets our needs. It’s been a struggle…”
- Brian Antonio ~ Premie, critically ill
- Janna ~ my sister-in-law, dog just died; “Prayers for God to put a wonderful Christian man in my life.”
- Linda ~ Lyme Disease
- Serena at The College Commuter ~ “My mom is fighting the biggest challenge of her life: a serious illness. I am struggling with anxiety and worry. Please send positive thoughts and prayers to a much-loved mother and family.”
- Becky ~ “Please keep my son and his family in your prayers as they are going through a difficult time with the devil working overtime on their faith and courage.”
- Donna Collins Tinsley ~ “Please pray for my granddaughter, Aryel, 3 who is showing signs of liver problems; her whites of her eyes are yellow and her skin is also. After 2 days at the hospital out-patient, still no answers. Please pray for her healing. Also that her dad will find a job. He has been out of work nearly a year.”
- April ~ three sick dogs ~ Update: One passed away last night.
- Kelly ~ Dizziness ~ Update: Some improvement!
- Diana ~ sell business
- Brenda ~ Kevin and Danielle getting married this summer
- Neighbor ~ cancer surgery, all went well…3 month checkup shows she is cancer free
- Friend ~ trying to get pregnant…Yeah…she is!!! UPDATE: With TWINS!
- Baby Claire ~ critical open heart surgery and in intensive care for months is HOME with her family. UPDATE: Eating with bottle and stomach tube. Doing better!
- Friend ~ hospitalized with collapsed lung and pneumonia…improving!! UPDATE: Home from hospital!
- Wade (my husband) ~ recovering from minor surgery UPDATE: Better ~ back to work!
ENGAGE OTHERS…SHARE THIS POST WITH A FRIEND