Famine is the topic of Habakkuk 3: 17-19.
No fruit. No wheat. No meat. Yet the prophet rejoices in the midst of the famine.
It’s easy to be joyful when things are going great. But when life throws us a curve do we feel like doing cartwheels?
Habakkuk says even though we are in the center of a food crisis, God will prevail.
His strength was not in fig trees, the fields or the flocks…his strength was in the Lord.
He knew that in the middle of the famine he would still be able to do cartwheels of joy because of his Savior God.
Though the cherry trees don’t blossom and the strawberries don’t ripen,
Though the apples are worm-eaten and the wheat fields stunted,
Though the sheep pens are sheepless and the cattle barns empty,
I’m singing joyful praise to God.
I’m turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God.
Counting on God’s Rule to prevail,
I take heart and gain strength.
I run like a deer.
I feel like I’m king of the mountain!Habakkuk 3:17-19 (MSG)
God is telling us that we will make it through any trial…He will be with us.
Just hang in there.
TRUST ME, He says.
Count on Him for strength.
A white-tailed deer can run up to 35 miles per hour and jump over a 7 foot fence from a standing position…an 8 foot fence if running! Deer are very agile and surefooted.
You may feel like you are stumbling, weak, and hungry…in the midst of your own famine. But know God will arm you the strength you need for this moment and will make your way perfect.
GOD made my life complete
when I placed all the pieces before him.
When I got my act together,
he gave me a fresh start.
Now I’m alert to GOD’s ways;
I don’t take God for granted.
Every day I review the ways he works;
I try not to miss a trick.
I feel put back together,
and I’m watching my step.
GOD rewrote the text of my life
when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes. (Psalm 18:20-24 MSG)
This post is dedicated to a special friend who wants to do jumping jacks and cartwheels physically, but can’t…bed rest is the order.
Dear friend, rest…rest in the Lord…He knows your needs…and perhaps you are on your back so that you can look up and see God… Know that He loves you. And I ask you to remember that mans ways are not His ways.
For now, do cartwheels in your heart…
ENGAGE OTHERS…SHARE THIS POST WITH A FRIEND
(on-going list at the end of each post) ~ Submit your prayer request here.
Please join me in prayer for the following requests and rejoice in the praises that follow.
- joiez~ “Hello, please pray for me and my daughter to find a place to rent before our lease runs out that meets our needs. It’s been a struggle…”
- Brian Antonio ~ Premie, critically ill
- Janna ~ my sister-in-law, dog just died; “Prayers for God to put a wonderful Christian man in my life.”
- Linda ~ Lyme Disease
- Serena at The College Commuter ~ “My mom is fighting the biggest challenge of her life: a serious illness. I am struggling with anxiety and worry. Please send positive thoughts and prayers to a much-loved mother and family.”
- Becky ~ “Please keep my son and his family in your prayers as they are going through a difficult time with the devil working overtime on their faith and courage.”
- Donna Collins Tinsley ~ “Please pray for my granddaughter, Aryel, 3 who is showing signs of liver problems; her whites of her eyes are yellow and her skin is also. After 2 days at the hospital out patient, still no answers. Please pray for her healing. Also that her dad will find a job. He has been out of work nearly a year.”
- April ~ three sick dogs
- Kelly ~ Dizziness
- Diana ~ sell business
- Brenda ~ Kevin and Danielle getting married this summer
- Neighbor ~ cancer surgery, all went well…3 month checkup shows she is cancer free
- Friend ~ trying to get pregnant…Yeah…she is!!!
- Baby Claire ~ critical open heart surgery and in intensive care for months is HOME with her family.UPDATE: Eating with bottle and stomach tube. Doing better!
- Friend ~ hospitalized with collapsed lung and pneumonia…improving!! UPDATE: HOME FROM HOSPITAL!
- Wade (my husband) ~ recovering from minor surgery UPDATE: Much better!