Day Four of 5X5
We have been on a 5 day journey of Praying God’s Word, seeking His direction for our lives as we approach the new year.
Why? Yesterday, the day for focusing on and praying for our families, was the day my husband and I celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary! Isn’t God too cool? I never planned it to be the same day…but it is apparent to me that He did!
Today we will spend time praying for our Relationship with God.
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart…” Jeremiah 1:5a
God seeks a love relationship with each one of us. Not only did He know us before we were formed, He loved us. He wants a relationship with us.
Today is our opportunity to strengthen our relationship with Him and for those who do not know Him yet, to let Him into your life…your heart.
Prayers for our relationship with Christ:
- Father, God, you stood at the door of my heart and knocked. I heard your voice and opened the door. I praise you that you love me and want a relationship with me. from Revelation 3:20
- Everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing you. It is my prayer, Lord, that in everything I do I glorify you. from Philippians 3:8
- So this is my prayer: that my love will flourish and that I will not only love much but well. from Philippians 3:8
- Father God, do not let me forget that all Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that I may be thoroughly equipped for every good work you have planned for my journey here on earth. from 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Lord, know that I am not ashamed of the gospel. from Romans 1:16
- Father, keep me from storing up treasures for myself here on earth, but to store up treasures in heaven, where my heart is also. from Matthew 6:19-30
I look forward to you joining me in praying tomorrow for direction for our future ~ with God in 2012.