Day Three of 5X5
This week we began a 5 day journey of Praying God’s Word, seeking His direction for our lives as we approach the new year.
Today we are praying for our families.
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May those who love you be secure. May there be peace within your walls and security within your citadels.” For the sake of my family and friends, I will say, “Peace be within you.” For the sake of the house of the LORD our God, I will seek your prosperity.
God wants us to have peace within our walls….within our home. We will pray today even for those difficult relationships. And let’s examine how we are sharing our faith. Is it with love? Are we telling them of His mercies or are we actually pushing them away?
Read Deuteronomy 6 listed below. What can we do differently in order to follow this commandment? When our children were growing up, I wrote Scriptures on small index cards and taped them inside the kitchen and bathroom cabinets. I encourage those of you with children or grandchildren to do the same. Scriptures of God’s love…draw them to Him.
4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
- Lord, in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening you hear my voice; every day, Lord, I lay these requests before you and wait expectantly. from Psalm 5:3
- Lord, every time I think of my family, I give thanks to you, Oh, God. from Ephesians 6:18
- Dear Lord, let us continue to love my family members, especially when it is hard, for love comes from you, Oh Lord. from 1 John 4:7
- Lord, you gave us your commandments and I pray that they will always be upon my heart. Help me to impress them on my family, to talk about them when I sit at home and when I walk along the road, when I lie down and when I get up. from Deuteronomy 6:6
- Father, help me to build up my family in Christ and especially build them up in their faith. from Jude 1:20
- Lord, God Almighty, make sure each of us shares your Word with our family and friends. Father, I help me not let your message die out. from Joel 1:3
I look forward to you joining me in praying tomorrow for our relationship with the Lord.