Day Two of 5X5
Yesterday we started on a 5 day journey of Praying God’s Word, seeking His direction for our lives as we approach the new year.
Day One we prayed for our community. Today we are praying for the Body of Christ…the Christian Church.
You and I are made of many individual parts – arms, legs, heart, ears – no matter how many parts I name – toes, knees, eyes – each of us is still just one body – one person. That is how it is with the Body of Christ; many diverse people, but one Church.
1 Corinthians 12:12-14 (KJV)
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many.
As a group of believers and followers of Christ, we make up one body – the Christian Church. If we have a personal relationship with Christ, we are integrated through His Spirit. Let’s work together as one unit and not as separte churches or believers.
Today we will pray God’s Word for our fellow Christian brothers and sisters. I am fortunate enough to live in a country and in a home where I am free to worship, but in some countries (or households) believers must do so in secret. Let us not forget those who must suffer for their beliefs.
Join me in offering these prayers for your individual church and the Christian Church as a whole as we tear down the walls of religion and join together on the essentials…Christ, His death and His resurrection.
- Father, I pray that my love for my brothers and sisters in Christ will overflow more and more, as my knowledge and understanding of your wonderous ways grows. from Philippians 1:9
- God, I thank you always for my church family and pray for them constantly. As I pray to you about them, I think of their faithful work, loving deeds, and the enduring hope they have because of you, our Lord Jesus Christ. from 1 Thessalonians 1:2
- May each of us that are a part of the Body of Christ have a strong belief in your message. from Titus 1:9
- Father, may our fellow Christians join us in drawing closer to you, trusting you with the full assurance that faith brings. Cleanse our hearts, Lord. from Hebrews 10:22
- Heavenly Father, we lift up those that are threatened by others because of their faith in you. Take care of their threats and give your servants fearless confidence in preaching your Message. from Acts 4:29
I look forward to you joining me in praying tomorrow for our families.