In the days of CB Radio, Five by Five meant a signal had excellent strength and perfect clarity; it was the most understandable signal possible for both the sender and receiver.
As a new year is about to begin may our prayers be Five by Five…with excellent strength and perfect clarity. Over the next five days we will be praying God’s Word for the various facets of our lives; beginning with our community and concluding with seeking His direction for our future.
Prepare to hear God’s response as we communicate clearly with our Lord.
My prayer is that you are blessed by this experience.
Praying for our Community
- Lord, make my love increase and overflow for those in our community, just as your love does for us. from 1 Thessalonians 3:12-13
- Father, may we all live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. from I Peter 3:8
- Lord, do not let us lose heart. Let us fix our eyes not on what we see, but on what is unseen. And let us share this Good News with our neighbors. from 2 Corinthians 4:16-17
- Because of my love for you, Lord God Almighty, I will not stop praying for our community. from Colossians 1:9a
- Heavenly Father, I am asking you to fill me and my neighbors as I learn more and more about how you, God, work and as I learn how to do your work. from Colossians 1:9b
Tomorrow we will pray for the Body of Christ.