Day Five of 5X5
Today we conclude our 5 day journey of Praying God’s Word in seeking His direction for our lives as we approached the new year.
What are your plans for 2012? Will you be working your garden this coming year, your garden of life? Or will it be left to its own devices, becoming filled with weeds and lacking direction?
What are your hopes and dreams? Are they inline with God’s plan for you? What are you pursuing? Is it of God?
Join me in seeking His Wisdom and direction for our future.
Prayers ~ Direct our Future, Lord:
- Lord, your Word tells me that above all to obtain Wisdom. So I write on the top of my list ~ Get Understanding. Lord, give me clear directions for my future. from Proverbs 4
- I turn my ear to you, Lord, to your Wisdom, help me to apply your insight and understanding to my decisions this year. from Proverbs 2
- Blessed are those who find Wisdom for it is more precious than rubies. Help me obtain your blessing. from Proverbs 3
- Lord, your Wisdom is like the tree of life…make me like that tree…strong, blessed, planted upon a path of peace, and adorn my neck with your Wisdom. from Proverbs 3
- Heavenly Father, direct me to sound counsel and help me to listen to their advice. from Proverbs 19
- Lord, if I am financially prosperous this year and my riches increase, I pray that I do not set my heart on them. Instead, Lord, I will put my security in you. from Psalm 62:10 and Job 31
- Help me to watch out and to be on guard against all kinds of greed; remind me that a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions…but rather in his relationship with you, Lord. from Luke 12
- Open my heart, Lord. Your Word says that good will come to one who is generous of heart, gives to others, and conducts ones affairs with justice. Father, God, help me to be the righteous person you have designed me to be. from Psalm 112
- Lord, I look forward to 2012. I am not anxious about my future. I pray this with peace and thanksgiving; knowing you will guard my heart and my mind. from Philippians 4
- Lord, I do not say these prayers out of greed, for from you I have learned to be content in whatever my circumstances. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. For you have taught me that I can do everything through you, as you give me strength. Lord, what great joy this gives me! from Philippians 4
- Lord, without you I lack Wisdom. I come before you and ask you for your will in my life. I know your Word says that if I ask for Wisdom you will give it generously to all without finding fault. from James 1
- Your Word says, If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. Father, God, help me do the right thing…help me to love those that seem so unloveable…help me to forgive those that have wronged me. Help me to love my family as you love them. from 1 Timothy 5
- Build my character, Lord. In any trial I face in 2012, I will cling to your Word which says I will be blessed when I persevere under trial. In all things I will rejoice so that your glory will be revealed. from James 1 and 1 Peter 4
- As the year unfolds, Lord, I ask that I am delivered from anyone that seeks to harm me. from 2 Thessalonians 3
- Lord, God Almighty, teach me to devote myself to doing what is good and help me to lead a productive life. from Titus 3
- I rejoice in this truth, Lord, that you know the plans you have for me. Plans to prosper me and not to cause harm, plans that give me hope and a future. Father, I will call upon you and pray to you, and I know you will listen. Lord, know that I will listen to your guidance this year with all my heart. from Jeremiah 29
As you seek God’s direction for your future this weekend, take the time to reflect on 2011…check out the “incourage” blog 20 questions for reflecting on your 2011.
I look forward to you joining me this year seeking God’s wisdom, knowing that only through Him we realize life..what a joy it is, and in praying every day devotions with every day people.
What are you seeking from God in 2012? Share your hopes and dreams with us.